Careers and Opportunities
Business Recruiter Job Description
Job Title: Business Recruiter
Reports to: Erin Miller, Managing Director
Duration/Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
The Center for Technology, Research, and Commercialization (C-TRAC), housed at Catalyst Campus, in downtown Colorado Springs, is a 501(c)(3) that has technology transfer and transition as its primary focus. C-TRAC is seeking a Business Recruiter who will support its mission through recruiting new partners, participating in outreach activities, seeking involvement from various parts of the community in C-TRAC and CyberWorx activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives
· Meet with Program Managers and Managing Director to discuss C-TRAC recruitment needs
· Evaluate C-TRAC or CyberWorx projects to determine technical expertise necessary for participants
· Research and recruit companies, organizations, individuals that would meet the requirements for participation in C-TRAC, CyberWorx, Space Accelerator, Tech Marketplace, and other events
· Build and maintain the C-TRAC CRM system
· Competently understand and be able to explain C-TRAC involvement opportunities to potential participants
· Make presentations when necessary
· Build and maintain rapport with current and potential partners
· Attract potential participants through marketing efforts, phone calls, emails, social media, etc.
· Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to participation requirements.
· Arrange management interviews by coordinating schedules, arrange travel, lodging, and meals, escort applicant to event locations, arrange Catalyst Campus/C-TRAC community tours.
· Attend C-TRAC and CyberWorx meetings, sprints, projects as needed
· Contribute in whatever way necessary to promote the C-TRAC vision and mission
· Create metrics that will measure the success of programs perhaps through a pre- and post-assessments
The ideal candidate will have proven experience recruiting participants for events, positions, jobs, etc. The ideal candidate will also have experience with data management. The Business Recruiter must hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration, communication, education, recruitment, or other related fields. C-TRAC is looking for an outgoing, energetic, professional individual who is a self-motivator and a problem solver.
The Recruitment Specialist will have a flexible work environment. While most work will be done at the C-TRAC office, some travel to various locations within Colorado Springs will be required.
This job may require extensive computer work and telephone work. Light physical exertion may be required on occasion.
If interested, please email KiMar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (719)896-5087x 205.
C-TRAC is an equal opportunity employer. If interested, contact KiMar at email@example.com or (719)896-5087 ext 205.
Volunteer: Software Developer
C-TRAC, Colorado Springs, CO
C-TRAC’s mission is to promote and support innovation, research, and the commercialization of new and emerging technologies through collaborative partnerships with commercial industry, academia, military, and government research organizations across multiple advanced industry sectors that provide services and products in the aerospace, defense and homeland security, technology and information, electronics, cyber security, software engineering and advanced manufacturing industries. C-TRAC provides technology commercialization services to optimize the flow of innovation in the marketplace and generate revenue that supports economic development in the community and future research activities. The Center for Technology, Research and Commercialization (“C-TRAC” or “the Corporation”) is a Colorado nonprofit corporation, formed as an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”) for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes.
C-TRAC is looking for a volunteer Software Developer to support a development project with the USAFA.
#IdleHands is a project supported by CyberWorx that is developing an app to provide humanitarian aid to vulnerable populations around the world.
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by C-TRAC.
Job Title: UI UX Designer – Senior Frontend Designer/Developer
Reports to: Erin Miller, Managing Director
Duration/Hours: 40 hours per week
The Center for Technology, Research, and Commercialization (C-TRAC), housed at Catalyst Campus, in downtown Colorado Springs, is a 501(c)(3) that has technology transfer and transition as its primary focus. C-TRAC is seeking a UI UX Designer who will support our mission through development of software solutions and Web and User Interface Development. C-TRAC has a website called the Technology Marketplace (technologymarketplace.org) which needs sound UI UX principles and techniques applied to it. Also, this position would support the development and continuous improvement of the C-TRAC (c-trac.org) and CyberWorx websites.
Duties and Responsibilities
• develop software solutions by studying customer needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
• conduct functional requirements analysis, problem definition, documents derived requirements, solution development verification, testing, and integration activities.
• document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
• prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment.
• provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• provide Web and User Interface Development, as needed.
• provide server side and client-side development as needed.
• utilize agile methodologies for working with local and remote team members.
The ideal candidate will be proficient with:
• Design and User Journeys
• Source Control (git)
• Client Side JS (jQuery, native DOM)
• React or similar experience is a plus
• UNIX experience
In addition to the above qualifications, it is desired the candidate have the following:
• Mobile first with Responsive Design
• Some Ruby Experience
• JS (ES6/7), Webpack
• Contribution to OSS projects
• Linux experience
Also the candidate should:
• Be able to understand business requirements
• Value best practices and incorporate them into their work
• Be able to take feedback and adapt quickly to changing requirements and direction
• Be able to explain UX/UI best practices to non-technical team members
• Be detail-oriented with a commitment to design troubleshoot and creatively solve problems in a collaborative manner
The Senior Frontend Designer/Developer will work mainly in the C-TRAC office. Occasional trips to locations within Colorado Springs may be required.
This job will require extensive computer work. Light physical exertion may be required on occasion.
If interested, please contact C-TRAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (719) 896-5087x 207.
C-TRAC is an equal opportunity employer.